Monday, December 27, 2010

2007 Shiraz; Rocland Estate, South Australia, Rated 85 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine.


     The playful picture of a donkey with a lip-sticked kiss on its flank may convey an image of cheap-ness and in-elegance, however, the 100% Shiraz contained inside shows it to be a solid contender for your discerning palate in the 10-15$ class. I have to say I was certainly impressed with the solid and spicy presence of this intense and vibrant red wine. I paired it with an extra spicy supreme pizza one night and an oven grilled steak the next and I enjoyed each, my wife, however, could not handle the spice of the wine combined with the spice of the pizza. Her tastes run to sweeter wines and mine to drier ones so if you like the drier wines this would definitely be one to enjoy! I liked the fact that this wine is already more than three years old and still only $12.50/bottle, when generally for this price you can expect only to get a wine of 1-2 years old. I would definitely buy this wine again and if I were stocking a cellar I would find space for it as I think it would store and improve for several more years. I give it a 6 out of 10 for taste and texture in the 10-15$ class. More info can be obtained at Roclandestate.com   
                        ~C.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment